Well I thought it was interesting so here’s the top 10 posts on nerd. by number of views (based on the last 500 page hits courtesy of Statcounter.com).
- Review: Why the Netgear WG311 v3 Sucks (72)
Slightly dodgy network card that Netgear don’t seem that fussed about fixing. Bad on XP, it got worse on Vista (see number 4).
- Playing iPod Video on Your TV (45)
Seems to be a lot of people looking for instructions for the iPod Classic. Here’s a tip: sell it.
- Server application unavailable: installing IIS on .NET 2.0 (44)
Seems to be a common problem. Sadly Microsoft’s error message is about as relevant as ever.
- Installing Vista (AKA More Netgear WG311 Misery) (31)
Even more messed up. Thank goodness for Linksys!
- Thunderbird/Outlook/Google Calendar Integration (25)
How to integrate your Thunderbird calendar at home with your Outlook in work, via Google Calendar.
- Orange Answerphone (Voicemail) Number for PAYG (23)
Such a simple problem. Who knew it would be so hard to find?
- Stop Monitor.exe Hogging CPU (20)
Why can’t people just give you a standard installation instead of trying to do everything for you? Help sounds good, until their useful tools start killing your PC.
- How to run IIS Web Server in Windows XP Home (20)
Microsoft’s official line is it can’t be done, but it’s not that tricky.
- Making Firefox Scroll With Syanptics TouchPad (19)
Discovering the solution to making Firefox scroll on my Acer Aspire laptop.
- NAS or Home Server (17)
I deliberate over whether I can justify spending the extra to build or buy a home server before eventually deciding that a Linkstation Live will meet my needs for less than half the price.